Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sony apologises as hackers strike again!!!

Sony executives took to the stage at games show E3 to apologise for a massive hacking incident, as yet another attack targeted the beleaguered firm.
In April, Sony temporarily shut down its PlayStation Network, after hackers made off with details from 77 million accounts, including some credit card data.
"This is not the first time I've come to the stage at E3 with an elephant in the room," Jack Tretton, the head of Sony's gaming division in the US, told attendees of the show, as the firm unveiled an update to the PlayStation Portable, the Vita.
"I want to apologise personally and on behalf of the company for any anxiety that we have caused," he said. "It is you that causes us to be both humble and amazed at the amount of dedication and support you continue to give to the PlayStation brand."
Another hack
The apology came as hacking group Lulz Security said it had again targeted Sony, posting company data online.
The group posted what appeared to be Sony BMG network maps from a New York city office and what they said was 54MB of Sony developer source code.
"We're not commenting on this issue," said Sony Music spokeswoman Liz Young.
Last week, the group said it had broken into Sony's computer network and accessed information on more than one million customers to show the vulnerability of the company's systems.
Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attacks that Sony disclosed in April and May.

Read more: Sony apologises as hackers strike again | Security | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/367849/sony-apologises-as-hackers-strike-again#ixzz1OaDcqtVb

No comments:

Post a Comment